Telethon 2022 will be the 55th edition of the fundraising spectacular.
The biggest giving weekend the state will ever see returns to the Perth CBD at RAC Arena on Saturday, October 22 and Sunday, October 23.
We are broadcasting live for 26-hours of non-stop fun, marking a return to the Telethon you know and love, including the epic opening and closing shows with an entourage of some of the best in Australian TV, music and sport.
What can you expect? Plenty of laughter, unscripted and candid moments plus the panel and the much-loved conga returns.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22
- The broadcast will commence from 7:00pm with the Opening Show featuring top quality entertainment, interviews, donations and we’ll showcase the impact your generosity is having in our community; Get your tickets here
- Live performances from Ricki-Lee, Ella Hooper, Lachie Gill, Paula Parore and Chrislyn Hamlton, Phil Burton, Jemma Rix from Frozen the Musical and more;
- A special interview with our honorary guests, Ari, Emily and Leo who are ready to take on the task of inspiring our state;
- Endless entertainment with celebrity lip sync, in it to win it challenges, the good old fashioned conga and the infamous panel returns;
- We’ll cross to the NRMA Insurance Call Centre, the heart and soul of the broadcast as our team of volunteers and celebrities answer your calls for donation;
- From 10:30pm-2:00am the Arena will be rocking with live music from some of WA’s best original artists.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23
- From 2:00am-7:00am, Ben O’Shea and Famous Sharon will be hosting a SLUMBER PARTY full of fun, comedy and local performers;
- From 7:00am-10:00am, the morning show will take over with a check in on the tally board and a set of new panelists;
- Telethon continues with a full day of live performances from Matt Evans, Hannah Balanay, Rybka Twins, Courtney Monsma from Frozen the Musical and many more;
- More celebrity lip sync and witness the How Ridiculous team take on a in it to win it challenge;
- The reimagined Telethon Family Festival presented by Coles will run from 10:00am-4:00pm. With the festivities happening inside RAC Arena and flowing onto Wellington street, which will be closed between Elder Street and Williams Street; See map here
- Between 4:00pm-5:00pm, the Kids will be taking over Telethon!
- We will break for the 6:00pm news and return for the closing show and final tally;
- From 7:00pm, the Telethon Closing Show is set to entertain and delight as we edge closer to the final tally announcement; Get your tickets here
- Live performances from the Hoodoo Gurus, Casey Barnes and more;
- Stay tuned for the grand finale – can we hit the half a billion dollar mark in total fundraising dollars?
This Telethon Weekend will have it all and it will be one you won’t want to miss!
Last year’s event raised a record $62 million, helping Telethon support 97 beneficiaries and children’s charities that look out for our most sick, vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
The reason for Telethon’s continuing success — even when times are tough — is the West Australian spirit and commitment to helping each other out. That’s why, even as we grapple with a cost-of-living crisis, West Aussies are digging deep yet again.
Tickets to the Opening and Closing live shows are available through Ticketek, click here
For more information and FAQs, click here
For festival activities, click here